What does Donald J. Trump have to do with my website? Vitalis Vitae means “vital to life”. Being a woman in today’s society, gender equality, lesbian & gay rights – all of these topics and many more that have been shaken in their cores by the beliefs, propaganda and the alternative facts of Mr. President. Hence, the impact he has had and will have is without a doubt vital to life. Throughout the campaign the issue of “Trump and women” seemed to come back around every other corner that we turned with the candidates, throughout debates and media wars and verbal mud fights. Donald J. Trump has been in office for roughly over 100 days now. Way past time to take another good look at what him being President of the United States means, especially for women!
Trump’s Alternative Reality
The human race wouldn’t exist without men and women alike; we aren’t the same but we are equals. In the 21st century we all should have learned and understood that a peson’s GENDER is the least important thing about someone. Someone can be good or bad, a villain or a saint, brutal or kind, smart or dumb, prejudiced or liberal or anything in between REGARDLESS of their gender. Any human, regardless of race, ethnic background, religion, sexual orientation, gender etc should be treated with equal respect. Well, Donald Trump lives an an alternative reality where women are simply less – in his eyes, we are worth(-)less accessories whose best role is to look beautiful, keep our mouths shut, obey, never affront our men by thinking for ourselves and of course, spread our legs whenever the master pleases. In other words, for Donald J. Trump a woman, at best, is a well-paid whore. Lets look at a few things he has said about women, shall we?
- 2005 for “Access Hollywood“: “You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it, you can do anything. Grab them by the pussy, you can do anything.”
- In 2012 he targeted the co-founder and editor-in-chief of the Huffington Post by criticising her appearance and making fun of her divorce. In a tweet he said: (she) is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man- he made a good decision.
- In 2013 about Rosie O’Donnel (a tv host and celebrity who also happens to be a lesbian): she is “disgusting, both inside and out” and that if he were running her show he’d “look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers and say, ‘Rosie, you’re fired.” He also said that Rosie was a person who’s very lucky to have her girlfriend. And she’d better be careful or I’ll send one of my friends over to pick up her g/f, why would she stay with Rosie if she had another choice?”
- In 2015, about Hillary Clinton, in a tweet: if Hillary Clinton can’t satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?
- In 2013 a study found that around 26,000 sexual assaults in the military went unreported. Rather than look at the military justice system or root causes for assaults going unreported, Trump drew other conclusions: “26,000 unreported sexual assults in the military-only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?”
- In 2006, he joked on national television that if Ivanka was not his own daughter, he would be dating her: “Yeah, she’s really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married and, ya know, her father…”
- In a 1991 interview with Esquire magazine, Trump said about female journalists:”It doesn’t really matter what (they) write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.”
- In 1990 about his then-wife Ivana: “I would never buy Ivana any decent jewels or pictures. Why give her negotiable assets?”
- In 1994 about a “wife’s duties” : “I have days where, if I come home — and I don’t want to sound too much like a chauvinist, but when I come home and dinner’s not ready, I go through the roof.” – “I think that putting a wife to work is a very dangerous thing,” said Trump. “Unfortunately, after they’re a star, the fun is over for me. It’s like a creation process. It’s almost like creating a building. It’s pretty sad.”
- In 2015 Trump was in court testifying in a deposition over a failed Florida real estate project when lawyer Elizabeth Beck asked to take a break to breastfeed her three-month old daughter. The property mogul and his team objected, so she pulled out her breast pump to prove it. In an incident that Trump does not dispute, he walked out of the room, telling Beck she was “disgusting”.
- In the 2016 campaign: Trump caused mass outage after advocating “some form of punishment” for women who have an abortion, should it be outlawed in the US. The Republican says he has “evolved” on the issue of abortion. He was pro-choice for years before changing his position and backing a ban. He now believes the Supreme Court ruling legalising abortion should be overturned and that individual states should be allowed to ban it. His campaign team said he believes abortion should be legal only in instances of rape, incest or when the life of the mother was at stake.”There has to be some form of punishment,” Trump told MSNBC, referring to women who would seek to defy the ban. Trump reversed his position two hours later, with a statement saying that he would punish doctors who performed abortions but not the women themselves. Well that’s alright then.
- In 2016 Associated Press spoke to insiders on reality show The Apprentice USA, who claimed that former host Trump used to rate female contestants by the size of their breasts and talked about who he’d like to have sex with. Former crew members recalled that he repeatedly made lewd comments about a camerawoman – who he said had a nice rear – comparing her beauty to that of his daughter, Ivanka. Others said Trump called for female contestants to wear shorter dresses, which showed more cleavage. Producer Katherine Walker added that Trump frequently talked about women’s bodies and speculated about which female contestant would be “a tiger in bed”. Another crew member, who asked not to be identified, recalled: “We were in the boardroom one time figuring out who to blame for the task, and he just stopped in the middle and pointed to someone and said, ‘You’d f*** her, wouldn’t you? I’d f*** her. C’mon, wouldn’t you?'”
- In 1992 another unearthed tape of Trump from an appearance on TV show Entertainment Tonight, showed the billionaire watching a group of young girls going up the escalator in Trump Tower. “I am going to be dating her in 10 years. Can you believe it?” he is heard saying of one of them. He was 46 at the time.
Those statements speak for themselves, don’t you think? Just remember that this guy is the leader of the free world. Shocking? Well …. we shouldn’t forget that among his campaign promises were: appointing pro-life judges (thereby taking away a woman’s right to choose/abort); he promised to defund planned parenthood, even reinstating the global-gag-rule; and he promised Christians that he would defend “traditional marriage” thus threatening to overrule Obama’s laws on same-sex marriage.
The verbal diarrhea that comes out of this man’s foul mouth has affected me personally on many levels. I am a woman. I am gay. My daughter is 8 years old. He could make such a remark (see above) as he did about that young girl in Trump Tower about MY child. I am smart, educated and sorry, Donald, far from ugly. I am not gay because I haven’t met the right guy to f*** some sense into me; I am gay because I was BORN that way.
The unspeakable happened, sisters & brothers. Donald J. Trump got elected. And now what? Now we can’t shut up! Now we have to stand up taller, fight harder and protect our rights! We can’t allow a narcissistic sexist radical tyrant to pull us all back into the dark ages.
If he were to read this post I wonder which unqualified ugly comments he would have in store for me. He would probably call me an ugly dyke who deserved to be abused and who’d do better by packing up her surgeon’s scalpel, divorce her wife, marry a “good” man and learn where her place is. Whether you’re a man or a woman, gay or straight, whether you voted for him or not – take a look at yourself and ask yourself what he’d say about YOU.
100 days. 100 days and I am still stunned, shocked and overwhelmed by the fact that this has happened.
If you feel the same or have a completely different opinion I invite you to leave a comment below and join in a discussion! I would really like to hear from y’all!
Thanks for reading!