- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound beef sirloin, cubed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle dark beer
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 ( 15 ounce) can black or pinto beans
- 4 fresh hot chilli peppers, seeded and chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onions, garlic, ground beef and cubed sirloin in oil for 10 minutes, or until the meat is well browned and the onions are tender.
- Mix in the diced tomatoes with juice, dark beer, coffee, tomato paste and beef broth. Season with brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, cocoa powder, oregano, cayenne pepper, coriander and salt. Stir in hot chilli peppers. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir in the 3 cans of beans and the can of corn, simmer for another 30 minutes.
Eat with rice on the side or fresh Italian / French bread!
If you enjoyed this recipe, like to leave a comment or have a question, please feel free to do so below.